Re: #274: Warn-code registry

On 2011-11-29 05:33, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/274>
>
> I think we have two options here:
>
> 1) establish a warn-code registry
> 2) disallow definition of further warn-codes (i.e., deprecate extensibility here)
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Regards,

We haven't seen any serious attempt to define a new warn code yet.
(there was one misguided attempt, as far as I recall).

I +0 on deprecating; but one could also argue that it's bad enough not
to add extensibility, but not bad enough for deprecation.

If, at some point in the future, a really good use case for a new Warn
code comes up, we still can define a registry. But that's a big "if".

Best regards, Julian