Re: [#95] Multiple Content-Lengths

On 09.03.2011 19:04, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> I've scheduled this for -13.
>
> <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/95#comment:20>
>

> On 20/02/2011, at 11:12 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
>
>> So, I propose:
>>
>> * adding text that allows duplicates explicitly, and
>>
>> * upgrading the SHOULD to a MUST in this requirement:
>>
>>    If this is a response message received by a user-agent, it SHOULD be treated
>>    as an error by discarding the message and closing the connection.

...clarifying: you say "adding text that allows duplicates
explicitly"... that could be read to REQUIRE recipients to accept those
duplicates -- are we really going to declare recipients that do not do
that to be non-compliant?

If we do, we *probably* need to adjust the header field ABNF (because
"x, x" doesn't parse), which I'd rather do not...

Best regards, Julian