Re: Content-Location q

Nathan wrote:

>    If Content-Location is included in a response message and its value
>    is the same as the effective request URI, then the response payload
>    SHOULD be considered the current representation of that resource.
>
> Just sanity checking my understanding of the above, that at that instant
> there is one, and only one, resource representation associated with the
> resource identified by the effective request URI. Not in some strange
> philosophical sense, but in the sense that no form of negotiation could
> have resulted in any other resource representation being sent by the
> origin server (for instance no possibility that negotiation over the
> accept header could have provided a different representation).

I'm trying to determine whether the following is true or not:

When a server responds with a 20O OK to a GET, then at that instant, the
resource identified by the effective request URI is associated with a
set, and each member of that set is a representation, and each
representation may optionally be associated with an identifier.

If the representation returned is associated with an identifier (given
by the Content-Location header) and that identifier is the same as the
effective request URI, then the set (at that instant) consists of one,
and only one, representation.

If the identifier in the CL is different, then you know the set consists
of at least one member (not exactly one, rather one or more).

TIa,

Nathan