Re: Indicating a resource does not exist

Joe Gregorio wrote:
> What's wrong with 404 Not Found?

    404 Not Found
    The server has not found anything matching the effective request URI.
    No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or
    permanent ...

The best you can conclude from that is "don't know" the state of the
resource, or if there is one.