Re: Using extension points without registries, was: [Ietf-message-headers] Last Call Summary on draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized

Hello all,

First of all, how could anubody applied for warning code if there was
no popssibility to do that? RFC2616 mentiined no ways to do that. I
propose to create such regsitry since I have some ideas as for new
Warning codes.

I do not share the opinion of those who say we have nothing to place
there. RFC2616 mentioned nearly 5 Warning codes that should be put in
such regsitry.

I am strongly cpncerned we should create such registry.  And please
find anoter comment below.

2011/1/9, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>:
> On 09.01.2011 12:03, Ben Niven-Jenkins wrote:
>> Agreed, we don't need to create a registry until we have something to put
>> in it.
>>
>> If someone writes an I-D that creates additional Warning codes, that same
>> I-D can:
>> 1) Note that a registry needs to be created, or
>> 2) Suggest creating the registry and contain the relevant IANA guidelines
>> etc.
>>
>> In the case of (1) what I would expect is *if* the I-D progresses then at
>> some point in the future before it is sent to IESG, either
>> a) a separate I-D is produced&  progressed in parallel to create the
>> registry and IANA guidelines
I afree with this case. Moreover, how will we name the draft that
creates the registry and defined a number of values.

Mykyta Yevstifeyev