Re: [Ietf-message-headers] Last Call Summary on draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized

On 08.01.2011 07:21, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> This document summarizes the Last Call for
> draft-yevstifeyev-http-headers-not-recognized.
>
> The Last Call was requested on 11 December, 2010 by Alexey Melnikov and
> was announced on 13 November, 2010. The period of 32 days has been
> assigned for this Last Call, that ends on 14 January, 2011.
>
> The Last call has been requested for version -08. However during the
> Last Call 3 new versions appeared. The latest one is -11, submitted on 8
> January, 2011

If a draft changes three times during LC, there may be a problem. I
encourage you to go back to the drawing board, and think hard(er about
the feedback you got, in particular
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2010OctDec/0645.html>.

I also mentioned at least once that in many frameworks this is
essentially un-implementable, as different types of header fields are
processed by different, independent layers in the code, and thus there's
no way some part of the code will ever *know* which headers have been
"processed". Do you think that this is not a problem?

>     * Syntax: Changed. Now is not /token**/but /1*VCAHR /for definition
>       of the name of the header.

Why?

Best regards, Julian