Re: #288: Considering messages in isolation

How does auth fit in with this, esp any challenge-response based
authentication or connection-oriented auth.

NTLM clearly requires an assumption that authentication state across
multiple requests is associated with the connection the requests are
received on.

Is Digest also a problem with this?

I realise there's not really anything an O-S can do, since a connection
might have come from a proxy that aggregates clients into the same
connection.

Does the "Proxy-Support: session-based-authentication" header mess with
this, IOW do we have a collision here with RFC4559

Regards
Adrien

WinGate 7 beta out now - http://www.wingate.com/getlatest/