Re: #273: HTTP-Version should be redefined as fixed length pair of DIGIT . DIGIT

 On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 08:08:46 +1000, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> It should treat it the same as receiving a message like this:
>
> GET / HTTP/A.B
>
> which hopefully we cover already...

 Indeed.
 "
    When comparing HTTP versions, the numbers MUST be compared
    numerically rather than lexically.  For example, HTTP/2.4 is a lower
    version than HTTP/2.13, which in turn is lower than HTTP/12.3.
    Leading zeros MUST be ignored by recipients and MUST NOT be sent.
 "

 The implementations cited are in violation of a MUST.

 I'm more inclined to propose that this update clarify the version as
 "HTTP/1.2" now. Which if the earlier post was correct was "merely" a
 text omission in the 2616 development.

 AYJ