Re: #296: 203 Non-Authoritative Information: deprecate?

OK, my response to that would be that since most actual proxy
deployments would not meet the requirements of "transparency", why not
jump the other way?

I'm still not convinced it's even possible to create a 100%
"transparent" (in the common english sense of the word) proxy that
complies with the RFC.  The Via header and mandated Connection header
processing puts paid to that.

Is transparent supposed to mean invisible in this context?

It might be a lot less work to treat the "transparent" proxy as the
exception, instead of the non-transparent proxy.  Certainly for
implementors, since by and large they will be implementing
non-transparent proxies.  Attempting to deprecate the term proxy in the
non-transparent case I think will meet a lot of resistance.

Adrien