RE: [http-state] [apps-discuss] HTTP MAC Authentication Scheme

On Jun 8, 2011 2:09 AM, "Paul E. Jones" <paulej@packetizer.com> wrote:

> Nico,
>
> Cookies would still be employed.  A cookie would be used to identify the
particular user, for example.  However, it's important to make sure that the
cookie provided by the client to the server is not stolen.  It's important
to ensure that the client provided by the server to the client is not
modified.  That's the reason for the MAC.  Once we can ensure the integrity
of the message exchange, then the existing cookie mechanism can provide us
with the secure state management capability we need.

You're still not addressing the issues raised.

Nico