RE: I-D draft-petersson-forwarded-for-00.txt

On 2011-04-07 at 22:08:49, Karl Dubost wrote:
> Do we have a survey of who does what?
> X-Forwarded-For is used by Opera Mini servers. What about others?

Some form of standardization of this would be useful for us.  We plan to use this for more than just logging.  Of course, we'll cope without a formal definition.

I'll note that adding a new header is nice, but it actually means more work - we still have to process X-Forwarded-For to support all the existing stuff.  Is the "X-" so offensive?  Is there a reason not to simply specify what everyone does.

--Martin