Re: #243: iso-8859-1 in C-D

On 07.11.2010 14:48, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> * Julian Reschke wrote:
>>> I think this issue can be closed; I think the document has been changed
>>> to my satisfaction. (I do note that there is some slight inaccuracy in
>>> the text you cite and the Content-Disposition draft: if the filename
>>> value is a `token` instead of a quoted string, RFC 2616 does not define
>>> the encoding of the token to be ISO-8859-1; the ISO-8859-1 language is
>>> for words of TEXT, which are in comments in quoted strings only.)
>>
>> True, but token doesn't allow anything outside USASCII anyway, right?
>
> That is correct, yes.

So the C-D draft currently says:

"The parameters "filename" and "filename*" differ only in that
"filename*" uses the encoding defined in [RFC5987], allowing the use of
characters not present in the ISO-8859-1 character set ([ISO-8859-1])."

We *could* expand this to clarify that the statement about ISO-8859-1
refers to the quoted-string form only; but as this is only informational
prose I'm a bit reluctant with making it more complex that strictly needed.

Are you ok with this issue being closed?

Best regards, Julian