Re: [#259] Handling invalid Content-Dispostion headers

On 11/04/2010 11:16 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:
> I believe it would be a waste of energy to specify a specific strategy
> *unless* we have evidence that it's needed in practice. For this
> particular case (Content-Disposition in HTTP) I added several tests for
> invalid headers just to observe whether implementations agree on what to
> do, and in most cases they do not.

So if there's no consistent behavior now, then rather than specifying
how to interpret incorrect headers, can browsers just agree that the
new-and-improved consistent behavior will be "draconian"? ("If the
header doesn't exactly match the grammar, then you MUST ignore it in its
entirety".)

-- Dan