Re: Issue 248: client "Date" requirements

On 22.10.2010 00:26, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> I think this is reasonable. One editorial niggle: it's easier to scan for this if the paragraph begins with 'clients' as before; e.g.,
>
> "Clients can use the Date header field in requests as well..."
>
> Cheers,

Yup.

"Clients can use the Date header field as well; in order to keep request
messages small, they are advised not to include it when it doesn't
convey any useful information (as it is usually the case for requests
that do not contain a payload)."

-> <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/changeset/1047>

Best regards, Julian