Re: Content Auto-negotiation

On 19.10.2010 21:48, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> Perhaps the new draft would benefit from some more explicit
>> treatment of this case to avoid confusion.
>
> No.  I don't think anyone who reads the spec can conclude anything
> other than what you did.  People who don't read specs will not be
> helped by more words in the spec.

+1

I was looking at this as well just a few minutes ago, and it already says:

"Each media-range MAY be followed by one or more accept-params,
beginning with the "q" parameter for indicating a relative quality
factor. The first "q" parameter (if any) separates the media-range
parameter(s) from the accept-params. Quality factors allow the user or
user agent to indicate the relative degree of preference for that
media-range, using the qvalue scale from 0 to 1 (Section 6.4 of
[Part1]). The default value is q=1." --
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p3-payload-11.html#header.accept>

Best regards, Julian