Re: %encoding in filename parameters. Re: repeated filename parameters, Re: Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-httpbis-content-disp-02

On 03.10.2010 22:22, Adam Barth wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 1:15 PM, Julian Reschke<julian.reschke@gmx.de>  wrote:
>> On 03.10.2010 21:21, Adam Barth wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't think anyone has opposed adding RFC 2231 support.
>>
>> Well, IE has since 2003, and Chrome since it came out.
>
> I am confused.  Aren't we talking about syntax like the following?

> I'm happy talk to twist the arm of anyone on the Chrome team who
> doesn't think we should implement that syntax.

Please do (and no, I don't think I raised a bug report for those after
seeing the response on
<http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=118>, but see
comment #5 over there).

Note that I asked multiple browser vendors not implementing RFC 2231 a
few years ago, and they complained about vagueness (which encodings do
we need to support?) and unneeded complexity (continuation lines). We
fixed those in RFC 5987.

Best regards, Julian