Re: Issue 160 (Redirects and non-GET methods)

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 13:51:04 +0200, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
> On 29.09.2010 13:28, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> Agreed, but it is way more ugly than what the other browsers do in my
>> opinion and might cause people to avoid using POST (in favor of CHICKEN)
>> just because of this rather than simply start using 307 which will work
>> everywhere.
>
> I'm not concerned so much about new stuff; yes, we should recommend 307
> if you want method preservation.
>
> I *am* concerned about cases where 301 and 302 *today* are used as
> described in RFC 2616 (non-browser scenarios).

Those would break today if they use POST in IE and would break everywhere
else completely. Those would work today if they switched to 307.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/