Re: Input on request for link relation

Another requirement I've stumbled on is the ability to group links.
For OCCI for example we want to give users the ability to create their
own actions (eg start, stop, restart) which will be advertised in the
HTTP headers and/or HTML HEAD. Currently each action has it's own
(opaque URI-based) rel so I have proposed class="action" be added for
grouping. Alternatively we could do rel="[http://purl.org/occi/]
action" and refine the action with one or more custom attributes (type
is not really appropriate here, nor when advertising protocol
endpoints like SSH and RDP which is anoter problem we ran into).

Pagination (eg first, last, next, previous) is another potentially
interesting group. Though the semantics are mostly predefined one
could envisage links like "next 100", "next 1000".

Sam on iPhone