Re: [OT] Re: #131: Connection limits (proposal)

NWilliam A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> And thus, I labeled this Off-Topic, but it's an interesting discussion to have :)
> This is probably as far as the http-wg wants to see this discussion move at the
> moment, until the work on 2616bis is complete.

Note TCP congestion is usually a transient phenomena in the network, not
necessarily anywhere near an origin server or proxy; I think this idea
is doomed to fail.

In any case, it would be an addition to HTTP, and should be dealt with
as a draft on its own, that would progress on its own, and off topic for
updating 2616.
                      - Jim