Header encoding (per RFC2231), was: Last Call: draft-nottingham-http-link-header (Web Linking) to Proposed Standard

Ian Hickson wrote:
>>> Seems reasonable, though I am still skeptical as to the use of the
>>> title* feature in practice. It seems better to me to just have one
>>> title attribute, in one language, and to upgrade HTTP to support UTF-8
>>> in headers.
>> That's already been discussed extensively, and that's not the direction
>> things are going in (certainly for pre-existing headers like Link).
>
> Fair enough. Is there a test suite I can look at or some implementations
> of this feature so I can see how it works in practice?

I have tests that check support for RFC2231-style encoding for the
filename parameter in the Content-Disposition header, see
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/tc2231/>.

As far as I can tell, the subset used in Mark's draft is supported (and
has been for many years) by Firefox and Opera.

BR, Julian