Re: [OAUTH-WG] OAuth and HTTP caching

On Sep 22, 2009, at 10:24 AM, Eran Hammer-Lahav wrote:

> [...]

HTTP is not aware of any other kinds of authentication.  There is no
reason
to specify anything else.

> Are the headers required for existing caches and servers to operate
> properly?

Yes (and for user agents as well).  Don't forget about Proxy-Auth*.

> If they are not included in authenticated requests, are there other
> requirements to make sure it doesn't break existing deployment?

Cache-control: private

is probably needed if the Auth headers are not being used but the
response depends on something like cookies for authentication.

....Roy