RE: Last Call: draft-nottingham-http-link-header (Web Linking) to Proposed Standard

This should not be a problem with the proposed registry. Since it will require more generic definitions that focus on the semantic meaning of the relation type rather than the specifics of the implementations using it, it will allow a consistent meaning with implementation details left to each protocol where it is used. It should also put more review on defining general purpose (short name) relation types when protocols are free to define URI based extension types.

EHL