Re: Input on request for link relation

On Sep 11, 2009, at 1:31 AM, John Panzer wrote:

> Without getting into the appropriate discussion form question, what
> hub resource semantics (and link relation definition) are you
> referring to exactly?  I can't seem to find it, and it's hard to
> understand your objection without it.

Section 7.3 says:

"If, after a content fetch, the hub determines that the topic feed
content has changed, the hub MUST send information about the changes
to each of the subscribers to the topic."

I understand this to imply that subscribers expect the hub to
definitely send the notifications. What if the hub decides not to due
to the number of subscribers it has? Or to turn this around: how would
a subscriber ever know whether not receiving notifications means that
there are not updates or that the hub stopped sending notifications.

Jan