Re: Input on request for link relation

Lisa,

not sure the following it is appropriate to discuss this here, so
please redirect me to the proper place if so.

Hubs are being discovered by clients by way of the 'hub' link
relation. I am
concerned that the semantics of a hub resource (provided by the link
relation
definition) are imposing obligations on the server that are contrary
what one
would expect to see in the HTTP world.

Or in other words: I think that the assumptions a client makes about
the behaviour
of a hub are too rigid. If a hub has more subscribers than it knows it
can handle
it might well decide not to notify them. A situation like this is
impossible to
prevent by the specification and I think the server should therefore
explicitly be
given much more freedom regarding its behavior upon a ping.

Especially given the use of Atom which in a sense implies a very
unconstrained
protocol.

(Sorry if this discussion is already going on elsewhere)

Jan