Re: #173: CR and LF in chunk extension values

Mark Nottingham wrote:
> That leaves us at:
>
> 1) Replace OWS in qdtext with space and tab, and
> 2) Remove obs-text from qdtext, and
> 3) Restrict quoted-text to VCHAR.
>
> Milestone assigned for -08; barring any other discussion, we'll see what
> the editors come up with in that revision.

1)

   qdtext         = WSP / %x21 / %x23-5B / %x5D-7E / obs-text
                  ; WSP / <VCHAR except DQUOTE and "\"> / obs-text
   obs-text       = %x80-FF

2)

What's the problem with obs-text? It doesn't contain controls...

3)

It seems to me that the purpose of quoted-text is to allow any character
in qdtext, plus DQUOTE and "\", which would make it

quoted-text = qdtext / DQUOTE / "\"

While we're at it, we probably should rename it to quoted-char, and also
add a short statement what the semantics of a quoted-pair is.

BR, Julian