Re: Content-MD5 and partial responses

On Sat, 25 Jul 2009, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> Btw, the jigsaw server also does the following:
>
> GET /Distrib/jigsaw_2.2.6.zip HTTP/1.1
> Host: jigsaw.w3.org
> Range: bytes=0-1
> If-Range: "1k8cb5f:127e0lb8o"
>
> HTTP/1.1 206 Partial Content
> Cache-Control: max-age=432000
> Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 08:58:59 GMT
> Etag: "1k8cb5f:127e0lb8o"
> Expires: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:58:59 GMT
> Last-Modified: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:09:24 GMT
> Server: Jigsaw/2.3.0-beta1
>
> which contradicts the SHOULD NOT on conditional requests...

[[
  If the 206 response is the result of an If-Range request, the
    response SHOULD NOT include other entity-headers.  Otherwise, the
    response MUST include all of the entity-headers that would have been
    returned with a 200 (OK) response to the same request.
]]
In that case, it includes all the entity-headers that would have been
returned by a 200, so it's already behaving per spec.

One thing we can do to clarify this, is in part5 3.1, after the paragraph
I quoted above:
add
[[
Headers that apply to the message-body and not to the full entity MUST be
ignored by caches.
]]

--
Baroula que barouleras, au tiƩu toujou t'entourneras.

         ~~Yves