Re: httpbis-p6-cache-06 and no-store response directive

On Fri, 3 Jul 2009, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> mån 2009-06-29 klockan 12:43 +1200 skrev Adrien de Croy:
>
>> Actually this highlights some problems in the structure of 13.1.1
>> Cache Correctness.
>
> That section no longer exists at all. Was removed as it apparently needs
> a complete rewrite.
>
> http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache-latest.html
>
> But I don't see how that is relevant to no-store. Replies with no-store
> isn't even allowed to enter the cache in the first place, and things
> which aren't in the cache can not be validated per the HTTP model.

Reflecting on the original intent I recall for 'no-store', it meant can't
be stored in a persisent memory cache ... e.g., written to disk. It was
not intented to mean no-cache to the extent that a user agent might have
in memory cache which under other rules would still require revalidation.