Re: draft-nottingham-http-link-header-05: a question and an experimental implementation

The cookie strategy (or anything like it) isn't good for caching or
scaling.

I think -- as in many things -- this requires a judgement call by the
author. If you're slinging around hundreds of links on every response,
there's a good chance that you're doing something wrong; odds are that
most of the links will be irrelevant to most use cases. Refactoring
into separate representations, etc. makes sense here.

In this way, it's no different to deciding what is at the other end of
a URL; too fine-grained, and it's not useful, but too coarse-grained
and you're giving too much information and overloading the
infrastructure. Of course, what the infrastructure can take changes
over time too.

Cheers,

>>> mjb@asplake.co.uk
>>> http://positiveincline.com