Re: RFC2616 erratum "languagetag"

Julian Reschke wrote:

> essentially I have removed the 2nd paragraph, replacing it with
> a pointer to RFC4646, and changed the BNF to just import the
> "Language-Tag" rule from there).

Sounds good.  We can check it with the LTRU folks (if necessary).

> I'm not so sure about the remainder of the subsection? Should we
> keep the explanations and examples? If we do, are they correct
> as per RFC4646?

s/any two-letter/any two- or three-letter/ (alpha3 primary tags
are also ISO 639 languag codes).  Get rid of "i-cherokee", it's
not a registered (valid + grandfathered) i-anything, the code
for Cherokee is chr (language) or Cher (script) respectively.

s/en-cockney/en-scouse/ (cockney is no registered en-variant at
the moment).  Maybe pick en-scotland or hy-arevmda instead.

Language ranges (in other words the RFC 3066 "*") are covered
by RFC 4647, please look into it, maybe 2616bis should get a
pointer to 4647.  IIRC 4647 got a reference to the RFC 2616
errata.  LTRU was too timid to risk an "updates 2626"... ;-)

 Frank