Re: request for feedback: RFC2616 BNF name collisions

On 21 Nov 2007, at 19:43, Julian Reschke wrote:

> Alexey Melnikov wrote:
>>> host-component = <host, defined in [RFC2396], Section 3.2.2>
>> Too bad that ABNF doesn't allow for namespaces ;-).
>
> I already hear the WHATWG crowd scream :-)

You assume everyone in the WHATWG holds the same opinion, and that we
feel the same about namespaces in programming languages as we do in
markup langauges: I can say with utter most certainty that in at least
mine and Ian Hickson's case this is not true: both of us would like to
see namespaces in something like ABNF.

--
Geoffrey Sneddon
<http://gsnedders.com/>