Re: NEW ISSUE: repeating non-list-type-headers

* Jamie Lokier wrote:
>_Every_ HTTP implementation dealing with the web in any significant
>way must implement it, even those which handle Set-Cookie2 as well, so
>it's silly to make it a MUST NOT condition in the spec.

If you think so, the best course of action would be to open a new issue
specifically on Set-Cookie. I would disagree with your logic though, we
also don't allow, say, sending a body in HEAD responses even though that
too is something many implementations have to cope with.

>In my proposal it's not outlawed.  It SHOULD reject the message as
>malformed, which makes sense; it's not a MUST.

Recommendations one way or another are already implied in the semantics
of status codes and generic good behavior recommendations and common
sense; a "SHOULD" goes considerably beyond that, and I would not say the
reasons I gave are good enough to violate such a "SHOULD".