Re: NEW ISSUE: repeating non-list-type-headers

* Julian Reschke wrote:
>> It's not clear to me that this needs to be allowed, and if so, it's
>> unclear to me that this is the only case that needs to be allowed.
>
>It's unfortunate, but I think it would be a service to readers of the
>spec to make them aware of that exception.

I would not mind a note and certainly expect the State Management part
to point this issue out, but allowing this practise is a different issue
(that should be discussed in some other thread anyway).

>> I disagree with this, for example, Apache will reject requests with
>> multiple Content-Length headers with Request Entity Too Large, not
>
>I would consider that a bug; why would you say that the request entity
>is too large if you don't know how large it is?

Because that's what you get if the header is malformed in some other
way and because it requires less logic in the server's code. This may
not be ideal, but I can see no reason to outlaw this either.