Re: [Ietf-http-auth] Updating RFC 2617 (HTTP Digest) to use UTF-8

I agree with Julian and Bjoern here: IN THEORY, RFC 2047
(http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2047.txt) (except for iso-8859-1)
would apply, but:
- it's not a very good theory: outdated because based on a view
  that the Web is basically iso-8859-1, and difficult to implement
- practice is different
- IETF policy is different

Regards,    Martin.