Re: I-D ACTION:draft-reschke-http-etag-on-write-00.txt

Hi Sylvain,

--On August 9, 2006 10:35:28 PM +0100 Sylvain Hellegouarch <sh@defuze.org>
wrote:

> I'm not sure the Entity-Transform header is needed since you might as
> well achieve the same result by using both the status code and the
> content type of the returned entity.
>
> Server does not modify the resource => Sends a 204 No Content
> Server does modify the resource => Sends a 200 and the newly created
> entity with its new media-type.
>
> That way the user agent knows if the resource has been modified and how.

Not all clients will want to get the updated resource back from the server,
so having the server always return it is not ideal, and in some
environments (mobile devices) extremely bad!

--
Cyrus Daboo