Re: HTTP Bar BoF

On the same subject, MD5 is effectively DoA.  Even sha1 will be officially
phased out from the FIPS stack by 2010.  So it's apparently time to provide
that digest authentication hashes can elect more effective hash spaces, e.g.
SHA-256 or SHA-512, etc.

Something to ponder, there will be a draft/experimental implementation in
the Apache httpd sandbox shortly, for purposes of discussion, and I'll post
the corresponding suggested semantic here for such an extension.

Bill