Re: [Ietf-caldav] [Fwd: draft-reschke-http-addmember-00]

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 12:21:05AM -0800, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> >IMO, it's because there are advantages to having messages which reflect
> >the expectations of their sender.
>
> Umm, think about that sentence and you will find it has no content.
> Messages reflect the instruction of the sender.  POST does that.
>
> What you are really saying is that there are advantages to the
> client knowing the nature of a resource,
[lots of other stuff that I agree with snipped]

Ah, so you're saying that ADDMEMBER isn't uniform?  Sorry, I wasn't
able to extract that from your other messages.  But can you please
explain your reasoning behind that belief?  From my POV, the draft
defines ADDMEMBER semantics to be a small, (seemingly) uniform
adjustment upon PUT semantics.  Can you give an example of a resource
for which ADDMEMBER wouldn't make sense?

Mark.