Re: Is forwarding hop-by-hop headers a MUST-level violation?

There should be an exception for ALL headers declared in the
specification. It is absurd to bloat the size of HTTP headers to declare
information contained in the RFC.

It is a long time since I spent time thinking about the specification but
my recollection is that intent is to provide extensibility by providing a
mechanism for declaring new hop-hop headers.

Dave Morris