Re: FYI: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-http-patch-02.txt

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> So the predictable thing for PATCH would be to either to have
> consistent and predictable behavior for the method with all patch
> types, OR at least to have consistent and predictable behavior for a
> given patch type.

Consistent and predictable behaviour for a given patch type make
sense, although there does need to be an error code for when a client
sends the wrong thing (mistake or bug).

Doesn't the client have to do some negotiating to determine the
available patch types, btw?  That'd be enough information that the
client shouldn't have to try different methods after that.

-- Jamie