RE: HTTP Partial Download Query

I think there is mis-interpretation of information here.

Let me further clarify my points.
I do not have any control over the Client. I also do
not have any control on TCP/IP stack or Web Server.
But I can write server side CGI applications.
But I want to take care that the DOWNLOAD of the requested
DIGITAL CONTENT(mp3,image etc) is complete or not.
And also handle the AUTHENTICATION and AUTHORISATION part for
the requested DIGITAL CONTENT.

AUTHENTICATION and AUTHORISATION part can be handled in Apache
Module.

But I am still not clear on
1)PARTIAL DOWNLOAD with RANGE request(section 14.35 of RFC 2616)
And
2)Request for multiple non-overlapping ranges(section 19.2 of RFC 2616).

When the above TWO scenarios are possible?
How can one know that the DOWNLOAD is complete in above two cases?

Thanks for your time.

With Regards,
Yog