RE: SOAP

 http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/xml/general/SOAP_V09.asp

might lead you to believe that it is a work item of the HTTP working
group, but it is not; the HTTP working group is scheduled to close as
soon as is possible, and is accepting no new work.

As far as I can remember, SOAP has never been discussed by the HTTP
working group or any other IETF working group list (not even applcore,
where it might otherwise belong), although I think I did hear it
muttered in the hallways in DC.