Re: ISSUE: Expect Header Field Problem

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:

>  The current wording in section 14.20 is nonsense as it renders all
> existing HTTP/1.1 servers not compliant:
>
> The Expect request-header field is used to indicate that particular
> server behaviors are required by the client. A server that does not
> understand or is unable to comply with any of the expectation values
> in the Expect field  of a request MUST respond with appropriate error
> status.

In what sense, Henrik?  My server responds with Expectation Failed if you
send a token in Expect: that it doesn't recognize...

Yes, this was not in 2068, but this is not the only thing we've added.

I believe that the MUST should stand; making it a SHOULD renders the Expect
feature almost useless.

--
Scott Lawrence            Consulting Engineer        <lawrence@agranat.com>
Agranat Systems, Inc.   Embedded Web Technology     http://www.agranat.com/