Re: chunking and trailers

Then, I am forced to wonder why it is allowed to occur in the Trailer.

Since the spec does not appear to anywhere specify that clients MUST honour
header fields found in chunked trailers, nor that proxies MUST NOT remove and
discard header fields found in chunked trailers, I think that it would be a bad
idea for a server to place, in a chunked trailer, a header field that it did
not want to risk loss of.

Richard L. Gray
will code for chocolate

lawrence@agranat.com on 07-21-98 04:04:53 PM