Re: Server initiated connections

On Mon, Feb 09, 1998 at 03:34:04AM +0000, Wyatt Williams wrote:
> My question is: does the server _ever_ initiate a connection to a client
> that requires that the client to have previously established a listener
> socket or does the HTTP server _always_ return responses over the
> connection that was established by the client?

This is something that I also have looked for.  From what I've read from the
1.1 RFC and the relevant implementations, this is not done yet.

I do not think that there exists any client that can accept server initiated
connections yet...
--
Yiorgos Adamopoulos         -- #include <std/disclaimer.h>
adamo@dblab.ece.ntua.gr     -- Knowledge and Data Base Systems Laboratory, NTUA