RE: Digest mess

> ----------

Of course. But that's because no one needs to do anything complicated when
something trivial suffices.

>  Naive people use the same
> password for many things...

(Interesting side note: the SCRAM auth protocol uses a per-server or
per-authentication domain salt to allow safe use of the same password for
many sites. There's an I-D by Chris Newman -- I forget the exact title.)

> At this point, anything that can help that problem is worth alot, eve
> n if it has other issues...

All that will happen is that the attackers will switch to exploiting the
other weaknesses.

Paul