Re: Last-Modified in chunked footer

> On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Larry Masinter wrote:
>
> > I was thinking of something like:
> > "Any header-field which the sender MUST send in a request should be
> > in the header and not in the trailer."
> >
> > although that is not quite right.

There is a set of headers which clients need to have before the
entity body arrives.  There is a set of headers which servers
can only calculate after the entity body has been served.

The good news is that all the evidence so far indicates that the
intersection of these two sets is empty.

The bad news is there does not seem to be a one sentence
characterization of either set.

Most likely we will have to enumerate one set and say that the
other set is its complement.  I see no clear case for picking one
over the other.

		john@math.nwu.edu