FTP urls

So,
 do most people agree with this?

 should a ftp url like:
 ftp://host/cwd/cwd/  be terminated with a slash?

 meaning that if the last component is a dir and not a 'name'
 then it isnt 'complete' and should have the slash,
 or that in absence of the slash the final componenent being
 a dir, a redirect to the slash terminated URL is prudent ?

ie ftp://host/cwd/cwd/cwd
 becomes:
   ftp://host/cwd/cwd/cwd/ vie redirect.

Im restating this because I sent the original message with
 the wrong subject.

> Josh Cohen wrote:
> > 3.2.2. FTP url-path
> >
> >    The url-path of a FTP URL has the following syntax:
> >
> >         <cwd1>/<cwd2>/.../<cwdN>/<name>;type=<typecode>
> >
> >    Where <cwd1> through <cwdN> and <name> are (possibly encoded) strings
> >    and <typecode> is one of the characters "a", "i", or "d".  The part
> >    empty. The whole url-path may be omitted, including the "/"
> >    delimiting it from the prefix containing user, password, host, and
> >    port.
> >
> > The lynx user asserts this to mean "an ftp URL may not be terminated
> >  by a slash "
>
> It clearly states that <name> may be empty, and ";type=<typecode>" may be
> omitted, but the slash cannot be omitted (unless the url-path is empty),
> therefore it _can_ end with a slash. QED.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Ben.
>
> --
> Ben Laurie                Phone: +44 (181) 994 6435  Email: ben@algroup.co.uk
> Freelance Consultant and  Fax:   +44 (181) 994 6472 Technical Director
> Group member (http://www.apache.org) London, England.          Apache-SSL
> author

Josh Cohen				        Netscape Communications Corp.
Netscape Fire Department	               "My opinions, not Netscape's"
Server Engineering
josh@netscape.com                       http://home.netscape.com/people/josh/