Re: HTTP State Management Mechanism (Rev1): EndSession attribute

On Wed, 30 Apr 1997 21:35:06 -0700, Michael Giroux
<mgiroux@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>offering alternatives.  As you indicated, I have identified a problem.
>It would be nice to get some discussion on it.

Seems to me the problem is a social one, not a technological one, so use a
social solution.  Find a way to more strongly encourage end-users to
logout.  For instance, automatically send them warning emails if they
time-out instead of logout.  Flash big warning messages to them at next
logon.  Cut their pay.  Whatever.

-----
Daniel DuBois                                        ddubois@pobox.com
Software Engineer                                       (415) 917-1126