Re: Server response version number

John C. Mallery writes:
 > What happens when a 1.1 client tries to do a 1.1 put via a 1.0
 > proxy to a 1.1 server?

(Speaking again of my own implementation which conforms to Henrik
description). The 1.1 client detect that the proxy is 1.0 either:

a) Because it has used it in the past, and that 1.0 proxy has replied
   with a 1.0 reply (to the first 1.1 request) - most probable case.
b) Because at the time it issued the PUT, it will wait (for some
   timeout value), for a 100 status code that will never come.

So at least the client <-> proxy link is ok. Now, the 1.0 proxy speaks
to the 1.1 server, through a 1.0 request, so the server can deal with
it properly.

I don't have a deep analyzises to propose here, but my intuition is
that Henrik's suggestion (of replying with the version given by the
client), is the only one that will not hurt.

Anselm.