Re: Transfer-Encoding questions

At 04:38 PM 10/14/96 EST, rlgray@raleigh.ibm.com wrote:
>Thanks for the answers.  One more question:
>
>I see nothing in the spec that prevents a PUT of a chunked (possibly
>multipart) byterange.
>
>Is this intentional, did I miss something, or am I the only one who
>has no clue why one would want to do it?

No, you may indeed want to upload a document using chunked transfer
encoding. libwww in fact does that if it for some reason doesn't know the
size. Data objects can just as well be generated dynamically on client side
as on server side.

Byte ranges are likewise most useful for example if you are handling very
large objects.

Henrik

World Wide Web Consortium, MIT/LCS NE43-356