Re: REPOST (was: HTTP working group status & issues)

Foteos Macrides:
>koen@win.tue.nl (Koen Holtman) wrote:
>>Foteos Macrides:
>>>  I'm still groping for some name for the
>>>header which implies a status report on whether such a side effect has
>>>occurred,
>>
>>Why would you want such a status report in a header?  If you know that
>>a redo is safe, you can also store the form you just submitted in a
>>hotlist.
>
>        I'm not sure what you mean by "store the form".

I mean storing data about the form in the hotlist database so that you
can redo the same POST request at a later time.

[...]
>I'd personally feel more comfortable about something
>like  Accountable: yes : no  with default "yes" for POST.

So you want the implied semantics of `safe: yes' rather than
`redo-safe:  yes'?  I could live with that.

>        I can image CGI author's putting a line for sending a
>Redo-Safe: yes  header without code to check for whether the COD
>hardcopy request has been checked, than an  Accountable: no  header.

I don't know if I agree; predicting the mistakes of CGI authors is a
tricky business.  Anyway, I'd like to delay the discussion about the
best name for the response header until the `link rel=source'
vs. `redo-safe' issue is resolved.  We need to agree on semantics
first.

>                                Fote

Koen.